Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Cursing and Nerds...WHY??

So today as I sat doing my World Music homework in the cafeteria, two very nerdish young men sat down at a table near me. Everything was fine and dandy, until they whipped out cards to some kind of virtual game (like Pokemon or World of Warcraft.) and started cursing up a storm every time one of them "epic-ally failed" as they called it. Every kind of bad word or curse word that I was never supposed to know was said! I couldn't believe it. Now, I have no problem with video games, virtual games, or role playing games, but I wonder if they provoke such language? Some of my friends play Call of Duty: Black Ops and have said how awful the language is, but they tend to tune it out. But your ears never shut off, so technically you are still hearing it. Do they really need to say all that? Do my fellow classmates and I need to hear that? Noooo way! Just a thought to end your work day!

No comments:

Post a Comment