Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Elizabeth Taylor

I love old Hollywood. There may not have been great graphics and the scenery may have just been a painted canvas, but the actors and actresses knew how to act. Unlike today's actors, they did not have cue cards or a teleprompter. One of the great actresses of old Hollywood was Elizabeth Taylor. As a young girl, I remember seeing a commercial for her perfume White Diamonds, and thinking "Wow, what a pretty lady", which translates today to "Wow, that lady had class!" Here's the commercial on YouTube (sorry for the poor quality) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjVfu8-Wp6s. Anyway, she also had some of the worlds most iconic jewelry given to her by all the men in her life (and I do mean all). My personal favourite, is the Bulgari Emerald and Diamond necklace/earring set given to her by her husband Richard Burton. She also helped a lot of children and families with HIV/AIDS in Africa and the US. But even with all that class, finesse, wealth, love, charity and extravagance, I wonder was it all worth it? I am a dreamer at heart, and as much as I would love to wear over $1million in jewelry or help starving people in desolate places, what good would it be? Would I be able to get to heaven by just my acts alone. NO!!! But thank the Lord, that I have Christ, and He is my personal Lord and Savior! I don't need to be filled with anything but Him, even though sometimes I think I do. He died for ME, and He died for YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment