Monday, July 25, 2011

L.M. Montgomery

This summer I decided to re-read the Anne of Green Gables Series, and I forgot how much I loved the quaint stories and adventures of Anne, Diana, Gilbert, Marilla, and Matthew. I read them for the first time the summer I was 8 years old and then the following summer my family traveled to PEI (Prince Edward Island) where the books are set. I loved it so much that I did not want to leave! We visitied Green Gables, Lover's Lane, Dalvay-by-the-Sea, and the Haunted Woods. My sister and I even got little straw hats with fake red braids to wear and become "Anne". L.M. Montgomery was such an amazing author who always pricked her readers imagination. Imagine great and grand things just like Anne imagined. I thank L.M. Montgomery for helping me become the writer and reader I am today. Her words provoked me to become a romantic and writer like Anne. I have also read all of Montgomery's other novels such as The Blue Castle and Pat of Silver Bush. So, thank you Lucy, I am indebted to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment