Thursday, August 4, 2011

Captain America

Last weekend I saw Captain America, and came out deep in thought! First off, I loved the movie, just like all the other Avenger movies (they have all met and gone beyond my expectations). Every Avenger movie so far has had the drama, the comedy, the action, and a little dose of romance. But Captain America left me pondering as I threw away my popcorn bag and returned to my car. Here's the deal: Captain America clearly showed that America as a whole aided the fight for freeedom during World War II (the able-bodied men fought, the women made weapons and became nurses on the front, and children grew gardens and collected scrap metal). So my next thought was what in the world are we doing to help pay for and support the current war in the Middle East? No wonder we are trillions of dollars in debt...America is no longer a community of fellow patriots. Stand up for your country...feel proud that you are an American (and no I'm not referring to the country music song). Keep them in your prayers, send them care packages, volunteer at your local USO office. Just a touch in one person's (who has been away for months) life can mean the world to them. And don't forget to thank them for their service...past and present.

No comments:

Post a Comment