Tuesday, August 23, 2011

That was whaaat?

So...today was a typical Emily sort of day. Sleep in, catch up on my British programming (Top Gear, Doctor Who, Masterpiece), organize my room...Well today happened to be the day to organized my books...I was sitting on the floor debating about whether or not to get rid of The New College Latin-English Dictionary, when my window blinds started to sway back and forth against the window. Well, my friends, as odd as this scenario may sound to you, it is actually an usual occurrence in my neighborhood due to all the lovely (ahem) young Cambodian men who love to have a complete Sony surround sound set (base definitely included) in their hatch-back. But then I noticed something odd...why did  I feel like I was moving...surely my bottom was on the ground...this wasn't a dream...it was my first EARTHQUAKE!!! For an East Coast girl this is uber exciting aaaannnnddd it was a reason to check something off of my Bucket List! The earthquake's epicenter was in Mineral, VA, and could be felt up and down the East Coast. So what started as an ordinary day, turned into a day I will never forget...hopefully :)

No comments:

Post a Comment